This is a very tasty and easy to make. Traditionally served breakfast, but you can serve as evening snack too.People also call it as upma or borugula borugula chitrannam.
Uggani bajji recipe, Indian breakfast,
Below Ingredients For 2 people.
Borugulu - 200g
Alu - 1
Carrot - 1
Onion - 1 large
Green pepper - 4
salt - to taste
Tamarind juice - 4-5 tsp (varies depends on taste)
For the seasoning:
Jeera, mustard seeds and urad dal - 1 teaspoon
Half handful of chana dal and peanuts.
- Soak the puffed rice (borugulu) in water for 5 minutes, drain the water and keep aside. (Method: .. Take a large bowl and fill half of it with water and add the puffed rice with your hands gently push the rice in water for all the wet rice Soak for 3 minutes, then turn handle it and gently squeeze the water. way, remove all the rice water and keep aside.)
- Make a fine paste of green chilli, salt and keep aside.
- Heat 3 teaspoons of oil in a kadai, add jeera, mustard, chana dal and peanuts and cook it.
- Now add the onions, once it becomes a little brown add Alu cut and carrot pieces in it and cook until it becomes soft.
- Add the chili paste, salt, turmeric and tamarind juice to it and let the vegetables obsorbs it.
- Add puffed rice soaked or borugulu to it, stir and garnish with coriander leaves.
Borugula Upma is best eaten hot and Fresh.Mirchi Bajji (Mirapakaya bajji) is the best combination with it.
Also See the Mirchi Bajji ( marapakaya bajji ) recipe: Click Here....