Ingredients to prepare Gulab Jamun recipe:
Instant Dry Milk (Milk Powder) – 1/2 cup
All Purpose Flour – 2 tbsp
Yogurt – 2 tbsp
Clarified Butter – 1 tbsp
Baking Soda – 1/4 tsp
Water – 2 cups
Sugar – 2 cups
Rose Essence – few drops, optional
Cardamom Powder – 1/2 tsp or to taste
Saffron – few strands, optional
Oil – for deep frying
Step for how to prepare gulab jamun recipe:
- Make the syrup in a pan by adding water, sugar, rose syrup, powdered cardamom and saffron.
- Place the pot on the stove and bring it to boil. make the heat in simmer.
- Meanwhile, get ready oil for frying. Heat oil over medium-low heat.
- Pour the pellet in bowl add the dry ingredients All namely instant dry milk, all-purpose flour, baking soda.
- Thoroughly mix and add the clarified butter in That. Slowly mix yoghurt and make it into paste.
- Allow the paste for 5 min to set-up. Make desired size balls, ensure Whether balls are smooth and not Have folds.
- Test the oil by dropping a small piece of dough.
- Carefully drop 3-4 pellets in oil and fry them for a while until they reaches uniform colour.
- Once you notice that balls are dark golden brown colour, take them in paper towel.
- Pour syrup in to other bowl and drop that fired balls in to it.
- Turn off the flame and cover the Gulab jamuns and let them soak IN syrup bowl for 45 minutes to an hour.
- Gulab jamuns can be served hot (or) cold. This recipe makes about 10-15 Gulab jamuns.
- To get awesome Gulab jamun make sure that flame should be on medium (or) sim.
- You can add white egg to make soft balls.
Mulakkada Pulusu recipe is here now. Click Here to see