BADUSHA – name itself looking yummy. This is one of the famous Indian sweet recipe. Different people will be called with different names. For example, south Indian people will called as BADUSH. Whereas, north Indian people will called it as BALUSHAHI.
Generally, this Badusha recipe will be prepared in some special occasions like Diwali, Marriage functions etc. This is one my favorite recipe as it looks delicious with crispy texture on it and sweet juicy element inside it. This is the one that every individual taste in their life time.
Believe me, people will hire a separate chefs in order to prepare Badusha recipe at their occasions. If you really want to be Badusha expert, no need to undergo special trainings. Just go through below process.
Preparation time: 10-15 min
Resting time: 15 min
Cooking time: 5 min each
Ingredients to prepare BADUSHA recipe:
All purpose flour / Maida: 1 ½ cup
Soft Butter: ¼ cup
Oil: 2 table spoons
Curd / Yogurt : 2 table spoons
Baking soda / cooking soda: ½ spoon
Sugar: 2 table spoon
Water as required
Sufficient oil for deep fry (I suggest you to use hygienic oil)
To prepare sugar syrup:
Sugar: 1 cup
Water: 1 cup
Elachi / Cardomom powder: 1 table spoon
Method how to prepare Badusha recipe:
- Gently mix all the ingredients like butter, oil, sugar, curd, and backing soda in a bowl.
- Add flour / maida to that ingredients and mix well until it looks like bread crump. Then add sufficient water to it slowly in order to get soft balls from it.
- Allow that mixture for 15 min to settle.
- Meanwhile, prepare sugar syrup by heating sugar and water in a pan. Boil it until it reaches string consistency. (To examine that, take some syrup with spoon then touch with your thumb and index figure. A sting should form between your two fingers).
- Now add Elachi powder to that syrup.
- This is the time to take the prepared dough and make it into small balls.
- Press those balls slightly with your palm in order to make them looks flat surface.
- Drop that balls into boiling oil. (Make sure that oil shouldn’t get smoke from it).
- Boil it for 7-10 min in low flame until it reaches golden brown color.
- Drop those boiled balls in sugar syrup and let them soak in it for 2-5 min.
- Drain them, garnish with well chopped pista. Server.