Onion Pesarattu is the Indian breakfast recipe. Especially in south India. People believe that onion pesarattu recipe is the rich of proteins & iron as this is made up of green gram. Green gram will be called in Hindi as “Moong dal”, in Telugu “Pesulu”.
This is the one of the most delicious breakfast recipe for south India people. Even for me. Believe me I will be having this onion pesarattu thrice in a week as breakfast. It is simple as dosa to prepare.
Well, let’s have a look at how to prepare onion pesarattu. What are the ingredients require to prepare.
- Green Gram (Pesulu / Moong dal) = 250 gms
- Onions = 2 (chop them finely)
- Green chilies = 2 (chop them finely)
- Red chilies = 3
- Ginger = 1 small piece
- Cumin seeds = 2 tea spoons
- Salt = as required for taste
- Oil ( I suggest you to use good oil in order maintain good health)
Methods how to prepare Onion pesarattu:
- Wash and soak the green grams in water for two hours
- Grind well all the ingredients (soaked green grams, green chilies, red chilies, ginger, cumin seeds, salt) and keep it aside
- Heat the tawa, apply oil on it lightly and pour a ladle full of batter on the center of tawa. Immediately spread it on entire tawa (as like preparing dosa).
- Once the edges of pesarattu starts turning in to brown, garnish with finely chopped onions, chopped green chilies, chopped ginger, small amount of geera for better taste.
- Serve it.