Menthi Koora Pappu / Menthi pappu
Menthi Kura pappu recipe
In our daily life Every day, we believe that doing that gives good nutritional values. Most of the people in this world looking for this. Mostly vegetarian has fewer choices when it comes to good source of protein. now a days to get nutrition food is very precious. To get good protein and lots of dals / soup greens vitamins are the best. Keeping all this in mind, today I did menthi Koora Pappu (Dal fenugreek leaves). It's very simple to make and very healthy.
- 1 cup Kandi Pappu (TUR dal / red gram)
- 1/2 cup dried fenugreek leaves (you can use 2 bunches of fresh fenugreek leaves instead of dried leaves)
- 1 tomato (cut into cubes)
- 1 pinch of haldi powder / turmeric
- 2-3 green chillies (split length wise)
- small piece of tamarind paste
- Salt to taste
for quenching / population / tadka:
- 1-2 red chillies
- 1/2tsp musturd seeds
- 1/2 tsp jeera / cumin seeds
- Curry leaves (USA Since it is not that I did not put.)
- Hing / Asafoetida
- 1 tablespoon oil soup
- Cook dal in a cooker for 4-5 whistles, keep aside. (Note:. 1 cup dal need 2 cups of water to cook)
- Heat oil in a separate add the Tadka / population Articles tank once musturds start to splutter add chopped tomatoes, green peppers and cover with a lid. After 5 to 6 meters when the tomato is cooked add the cooked dal, fenugreek leaves, salt and a pinch of Haldi / pasupu / turmeric powder. After 2 mts add the tamarind pulp. Cook for 5-6 mts on medium heat. Once the dal is cooked with all the spices, turn off the heat. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
- Serve with hot rice with Papad or Vadiyalu. You can also eat this dal with rotis.
- This dal is rich in protein and vitamins good sources.
Also See Guntha Ponganalu