Ingredients:1 Raw Mango big
1/2 cup Tuvar Dal
2 Green chilli slit
2 cups water
1 Red chilli
1/2 tsp Red chilli powder
1/2 tsp hing
1/2 tsp haldi
1/2 tsp urad dal
1/2 tsp chana dal
1 sprig curry leaves
1 tbsp coriander leaves
1/2 tsp mustard
1 tsp oil
- Wash the mango,peel the outer skin.Chop into medium pieces.
- Wash the tuvar dal and soak for 10 minutes.
- Pressure cook for 3 whistles raw mango,tuvardal,green chilli by adding haldi, little gingely oil and water.
- Wait till pressure settles down and then mash it with the masher and add salt.
- Heat oil and splutter mustard,urad dal and chanadal to light brown and red chilli, curry leaves, chilli powder,hing.
- Add mango dal mixture.If u need water,can add water and cook for just 3-5 minutes. consistency should not be rasam.thick gravy type.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with rice and moor milaga (green chilli soaked in yoghurt and dried).
- Note:Depending on the tuvar dal please reduce or increase the whistle.I normally keep 3 as it will be mashed almost.my mom doesn't cook again.just add the seasoning to the mango dal.