Ghee Rice : Learn how to cook Ghee rice in simple steps.
Ingredients for Ghee rice RecipeIngredients:
- 2 cups Basmati Rice (raw)
- 15-20 Cashew nuts
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 15-20 raisins
- 4-5 pieces of Cinnamon ( 1 inch stick )
- ½ cup onion (peeled and cut lengthwise) [optional]
- 5-10 cloves
- 2-3 Bay leaves
- 2-3 cardamom pods (crushed and skin removed)
- 3 Tbsp Ghee (clarified butter)
- Salt per taste
- 1 tsp oil
- Wash the rice thoroughly and soak this in enough water for about 1 hour.
- Drain the water and then cook the rice in about 3 ½ cups of water along with 2-3 cloves, 1 tsp cumin seeds, little salt and oil. (Note: The grains should be separate and not overcooked).
- After the rice is cooked, spread it on a big plate and allow it to cool. Use a wooden spoon to spread it around that way the rice won’t break.
- Heat a big pan and then add the Ghee, add the cumin seeds, bay leaves, cloves, cinnamon stick, crushed cardamom pods.
- Add the chopped onion and cook until it is transparent. Add little more ghee iif required.
- Then add the cashews and cook until they are light brown. Add the raisins and cook until they plump up.
- Add the cooked rice and toss it around. Do not over mix or stir a lot as the rice will break. Cover with lid on low fame until everything incorporates.
Also see Hyderabadi Biriyani